favorite this postInternship (Mapo-gu)hide this posting
compensation: Unpaid and not funded employment type: full-time internship non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Asia Hope Camp Organization's internship program provides high school and university students first hand experience working in an NGO. During the program, interns are expected to develop knowledge and skills in organization, research, partnership, ideas exchange, and leadership.
- High school or university student (undergraduate or graduate); Age 18 - 28
- Proficient in English (ability to speak Korean and/or Japanese is an advantage as they are the basic languages used in the office)
- Knowledgeable in using Microsoft Office and internet
- Preferably with knowledge and skills in marketing, web design and digital communication
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Has positive working attitude and is able to relate well with people from different cultures
I) Regular activities
1. Multicultural Cafe
- Serve ACOPIA Café products to customers. These products include Café/Fair Trade drinks and snacks, and Kumamon merchandises.
- Facilitate multicultural communication and language exchange with visitor/s of the Acopia Cafe.
- 2H Free Talk in English or another foreign language with the clients.
2. Visit Korean High Schools, Universities, Academies and NGOs
- Visit different Korean schools or institutes. They should prepare some presentations about their country, and games to play with the students.
3. Support Staff during Work Camps and Kpop Camps
- Logistics during Kpop Camp, which is normally held during summer and winter vacations, or any other work camps.
- They will provide assistance, such as administrative and logistical support, to the organizers.
4. Promotion of Acopia programs
- Work camps and K-pop camps
- Partnerships with organizations from home country
- ACOPIA House (Share House) and other projects of ACOPIA
- Promote other internship programs in Japan ( Kumamoto, Miyazaki)
- Translation of contents and maintenance of websites, emails and other social networking sites of the organization
- Creation and promotion of Events at Acopia Cafe (Movies from your country, Board Games, Cook your country food etc...)
- Composition of social media contents (videos, blog)
- Other international activities in line with the organization's work
II) Original activity
All the interns must find an original and creative activity that they will achieve before the end of their internship. This activity must participate to the development of Acopia and must be something feasible and funny to do for the intern.
III) Duty Staff Work
While working at ACOPIA, interns will be expected to participate (at least once a week) on staff activities. During these work days, interns will have to in order to help the manager:
- Contact future interns and help them through the application procedure
- Manage the cafe
- Checking other interns assignments
- ACOPIA house management (inventory) and others.
WORKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns will be working under the supervision of the team leader handling a specific project.
The workplace will be in Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea. The office is 5 minutes away from Hongik University Staion Exit 2.
- Working days are flexible, but it will be for a minimum of 4 days a week.
-Working time is 7 hours per day from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM including a one hour lunch break
- The internship is unpaid and not funded.
- Interns are required to write a personal evaluation essay following their first month of internship and complete it at the end of their internship with more info. This essay combines their expectations, experiences, impressions about working in ACOPIA, and perhaps even suggestions and recommendations on the internship program and pictures, you should also present your original activity as mentioned in the work description.
- Internal information about ACOPIA, such as information of clients, must be kept confidential, must not be used in non-business matters and must not be released in public even after the internship period. The intern is not allowed to give his/her personal information to clients that he/she meets during the internship. Clients who want to keep in touch with interns should contact ACOPIA via ACOPIA's official email and contact numbers. Likewise, interns shall communicate with clients via the official email accounts and contact numbers of ACOPIA.
1. Korean language class once a week (2hours)
2. K-pop dance lessons: 2 classes per week
3. K-pop song lessons: 2 classes per week
4. Monthly Party (cake/lunch)
5. Free coffee everyday
6. Working near Hongik University in Hongdae
7. Opportunities of visiting middle schools, high schools, and universities
8. Certificate of Internship and ACOPIA badge as proof of working with ACOPA Lifelong Education Center and Asia Hope Camp Organization
9. Working with other interns from different countries & staying in the Share House (Females only.)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers