favorite this postLabor Standards Act Action Group (Seoul) hide this posting
QR Code Link to This Post
Here at Del.E.Gate (fpe.tokyo/Del.E.Gate), we have been very busy documenting, for the past few weeks, employers who are operating illegally in all impunity, right here in Seoul.
We have amassed a wealth of data and upon closer analysis we have found out that most employers don't even obey the letter of the Labor Standards Act or the Employment Retirement Benefit Security Act. They don't even try!
How can this be?
Isn't Korea a civilized country operating under the rule of law? With commendable oversight?
**DID YOU KNOW?**
- An employer shall not discriminate against workers on the basis of nationality!
- Legal working hours are 40 hours per week!
- A work contract that does not stipulate how and when severance pay will be given to employees is invalid as per the employment retirement benefit security act!
Included in working hours as per the Labour standards act:
- Time spent preparing before work begins.
- Time spent cleaning up after work is over.
- Working days and holidays.
- Time spent waiting for customers.
- Mandatory training programs.
Know your rights! Know your obligations!
We are calling for a meeting - to discuss the current work and business environment and litigation strategies (using the data we have amassed in the past few weeks, 240 employers in Seoul alone breaching Labor laws!).
It's time for foreign workers to say: enough is enough, we will stand up for our rights. We won't be your muppets anymore.
It's time for foreign workers to say no to:
- Tax Fraud
- Accommodation fraud
- Severance pay fraud
- Unpaid overtime
- Unpaid mandatory training programs
- Unjustified dismissals
- Routine intimidation and violence in the workplace.
Date, time and location of the meeting will be sent via email to those who express interest by replying to this ad :)
Foreign workers... rise up!
Visit our website: sign up, get involved, don't be taken for a muppet any longer!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers